JUNE 2013 - DECEMBER 2014

Monday, November 10, 2014

#openyarmouth



Back in Vermont, one year ago, Sister Tarawhiti and I decided that we were going to be companions at the end of my mission. We've spent the rest of our missions hoping that we'd be companions. I knew she was coming here, I told the entire branch to expect her. She sat behind me at transfer meeting and we jumped out of our seats when they called our names! THIS IS A DIVINE COMPANIONSHIP. She is refined and ready to GO! We only have a short amount of time together - we are in HASTEN mode. It doesn't get better than this. We are going to RUN! RUN! RUN!

She's a spiritual giant. Sister Tarawhiti knows how to open a fire hydrant full of the spirit and unleash it onto everyone she sees. She is a great example to all those around her. We've helped each other in so many MANY ways. I love her.

SISTER COLLINS IS IN ONE OF THE AREAS WE SERVE WITH!!!! So I'll be going on exchanges with her shortly. The Lord is so good. We get to call each other WHENEVER WE WANT!

The Ortega family is all set to be baptized on October 19th. They cannot wait, and I can't either. I can't believe this is REAL. I wanted this so badly for so long. I will see families be baptized. They found BYUTV and haven't stopped watching it! They consistently read the Book of Mormon and are gaining a testimony of it!

The Smith's: I sat next to Jess in RS. The Spirit flooded the room and she was the first to recognize that. I have the best video of her dumping all the wine in her house down the drain. She's tapering her coffee intake down so she can gain a testimony that the Word of Wisdom is divinely established. Chris has a testimony of God, which is HUGE. We commit him to ask God is He is God, and to prove Himself to him. I love that we aren't expected to have blind faith, that faith is EVIDENCE of things not seen, which are true. Chris gets it. We started reading the Book of Mormon with them. They read and pray every night as a family and are just SHOOTING out of the ground in everything they are involved in. This has changed their lives for the best, and they recognize that. They give the Book of Mormon priority in their lives, make prayer a regular part of their day, hang out with the members all the time, and make church their first priority. Jess and I are VERY SIMILAR, we struggle with the exact same things. It's easy to teach them because they are my friends and I love them. 

I am doing well. I am currently sick for the first time in my mission, which is a downer. It's amazing when I get into teaching appointments, it's like it's lifted from my. The moment we go into someone's house I'm fine, the moment we leave it comes back. Evidence of God, I think so!

Ali is incredible, just as light and brilliant as ever before. The Holy Ghost has purified her as she's opened this wonderful gift. She's progressing in her business, and in every aspect of her life. 

Chuck and Linda are the cutest old couple! We had the coolest lesson with them on what the family is like in every estate of the Plan of Salvation. Studying that has increased my testimony of the importance of families in God's eyes. 


I was asked to bear my testimony of my witness of the Savior Sunday. I think it really started when I started to pray with all my heart, on my knees, vocally. If there's anything that has changed me for the best, it has been my nightly prayers. I account to the Lord. I ask Him to consecrate our plans for the next day. With the help and guidance of the Spirit I am able to identify weaknesses I didn't notice before. Through my prayers I have studied with Heavenly Father. Reverence and serenity in prayers are important, that is where we show the Lord our love for Him, are still, and have time to be with God. I'm grateful that I am His daughter. 







No comments:

Post a Comment