JUNE 2013 - DECEMBER 2014

Monday, November 10, 2014

Next time I email you I'll be 21.

I can never do more for the Lord than He can do for me.
He has more blessings for me than I am willing to receive. I don't have room enough to receive all that Heavenly Father has in store for me. All the work I've done my whole mission, all the prayers I've said, are all coming together.

Is it believing is seeing? Or seeing is believing?

Friday the 12th:
We wake up at 4:30 to beat Boston traffic down to the temple. We arrive at the temple for an 8 o'clock session. We finish and head to the front of the temple to wait for people.
Sister Turley came!!
Megan from Hanover and her sister Aberash came and surprised me, along with MARIA THE IRISH LADY WE FOUND WHO IS NOW BAPTIZED. I had to peal her off of me. 
I met JoAnne in the changing room, we just embraced each other for the longest time. It really was a heavenly reunion to see her there. She made it. She loved the temple. It was one of those moments where you realize your own nothingness, that every sacrifice you made was paid back to you one hundred times fold. Anything and everything I've gone through on my mission was worth this one reunion in the temple. It was all worth those moments we spent together. Seeing her eyes open to the realities of the Gospel and how close we really are to Heaven was incredible.

Chuck and Linda are going to be sealed in the temple September 12, 2015. On Friday, Chuck was baptized! We RACED home from the temple to get there in time. It was a small service, just simple. Sister Westling and I gave the talks. The simplest, most heartfelt testimonies are always the ones I learn from the most, and that was Chuck's. We've commit a lot of couples to pray together the past few weeks, and you can see their love grow. It's evident that couples NEED to pray together. Chuck and Linda love each other so much, their love it radiating from them like the cutest old couple I've ever seen in my life.

A while ago my mom gave me large print of genuine leather scriptures to hand out to someone on my mission. I've been tempted to give them away, but it hasn't felt right. It was RIGHT! Chuck's eyes showed it all - He is SO GRATEFUL. He loves the Book of Mormon. Oh what a moment! I don't know how to describe it all...

Sunday we had the Ortega family come to church. In a long, complicated string of events, we are now teaching this FAMILY. Sylvia is the mom, Jessy is the husband, and Ariez is the teenage daughter, they have another daughter, Bella, who is 3. We had an awesome lesson with them last night and they have AGREED TO BE BAPTIZED ON OCTOBER 19TH. 

We had a really REALLY sacred experience with Chris and Jessica Smith, let's just put it this way - the Lord knows them. They are doing incredibly well. I love them. So much. I never want to leave.

It's the hardest thing in the WORLD seeing my companions prepare to go home. It scares me. I've never been much of an anxious person until my mission, but I feel so much anxiety watching them leave. It will be much harder to leave this than it was to come out here.

I feel like I'll be catching up on my sleep for the rest of my life. I am viscerally exhausted. 

It's not miracles that change us, it's recognizing them that changes us.





No comments:

Post a Comment