A mission is such a short time, with immense amount of growth occurring in the lives of each missionary. I only hope to progress like this the rest of my life. I know that when we serve with a willing heart, our souls are enlarged. Our hearts open to feel more. I have seen Satan work - his tactic is to stop the person from feeling. Feeling love, hope, and peace are all gifts that come from God. They call them the "fruits of the Spirit." When we serve the Lord, the gateway to these feelings opens. I believe that's why God knows everything, because He feels everything. He knows joy, because He knows pain and bitterness. I believe the hardest and most painful experiences our Father in Heaven had were the rebellion prior to the existence of earth, and when He allowed justice to suffer upon Christ. He knows the joy that comes when we overcome the world. How neat that He has given every soul a set of commandments, and a Gospel, that insures happiness eternally. A wise man once said, "blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy." To become like the Savior, which we are commanded to do, we must exert mercy. The beatitudes are characteristics of celestial beings. They are our potential. I am grateful for a path home. I am grateful that the dark, heavy veil is becoming sheer. The brother of Jared saw Christ because of his faith, I wonder if we had faith like that if we'd be able to see all that the Lord is doing here on earth. When the veil is removed from our eyes, we will be shocked to see how the hand of the Lord was working in every part of our lives.
I learned interesting doctrine this morning while reading Ether 2 and 3. If you notice, the Lord answers the first question the BOJ (Brother of Jared) asked about the air in the barges, then the Lord answers him. He then asks what the Lord would have him do about the light in the barges. The Lord responds with a question. I give it as my opinion that the BOJ was prompted to refer to the scriptures. In Genesis 6:16, footnote a, we have the answer. The Lord didn't give him an answer because He had already answered the question when Noah was building the ark. If we ask the lord a question, and get more questions as a result, we should then turn to the scriptures with that question. That is a pattern in the scriptures. Joseph Smith used that same pattern! How interconnected prayer and scriptures are!
Another interesting thing is how did Christ show the BOJ His finger if this was prior to His birth? In Either 3:6 it says "LIKE unto flesh and blood." Our Spirits look like our bodies.
Also notice, the light Christ's touch brings to the stones. Whatever Jesus lays His hands upon LIVES. Becomes LIGHT. Truly He is the LIGHT of the world!
Back to missionary work... GOOD WEEK.
I can't remember if I told y'all about that time we prayed for a miracle to happen at Patty's lesson, then he landscaper was outside. Well, we got talking with him... gave him our number. He gave us his, with hesitance. We called him this last week... while talking on the phone I wondered how we would invite ourselves over to give him a lesson. As soon as I prayed for guidance, Sean said, "I talked to my wife about you two. We're open to this whole Mormon thing. We were wondering when you could come over so we could learn more."
MY JAW DROPPED. I flipped open my planner and we made an appointment for this Tuesday at 4. Hoping for the best. Wondering if he is the reason why were are teaching Patty! Only sad part is, he isn't in our area.... BUT WE GOT PERMISSION TO TEACH HIM.
The assistant's potential investigator wanted us to teach her. So now we are! Her name is Leah!!! We were at the store and she told us she wants us to come teach her... AWESOME.
We were contacting a less active and a man named Jose answered the door. We asked him a lot of questions about his relationship with God. We have a return appointment and hope to see him tonight.
NO BIGGIE. SEAN IS GETTING BAPTIZED ON JUNE 22, 2014. Mark it on your calenders. We showed him all we had to teach him still, and agreed to meet three times a week to prepare him for baptism. We've got a lot to do!
So things are picking up a LOT! Our schedules are packed this week with service and appointments. Crazy, because we've been drowning trying to find people to teach!
Sister Collins are I are tight like a good pair of jeans. I adore her. She is growing so much. it's so fun to be on this side, to see her confidence grow as I sort-of force her to taking the lead in things! She has risen to the call and is RUNNING! WHOOHOO!!!
JoAnne is doing GREAT in temple prep. I get jittery every time I think that we'll be able to take her through the Boston temple!!
Tryin'a think what else happened this week... So much happens it's hard to write it down, then when I get to the computer my mind erases the memories!
MOTHER'S DAY. Yes. That was yesterday. We walked to Skype in the burning sun (not excited for summer, can we just stay in spring or fall??), then went to dinner with Ruth and the Keplinger's and gave Ruth some new member lessons!
We taught Ruth about MIRACLES the other week, and how to expect them. We gave her a little Target journal ($1, I LOVE HAVING A TARGET IN MY AREA) and told her to write down things she is grateful for before she goes to bed. I adore that woman!
A little note about miracles: they are a form of WORK. Just like faith is work, prayer is work, and miracles are definitely WORK. Do we ever stop working...? That term "I'll sleep when I'm dead" is false. We will always be laboring. THAT'S WHY IT'S CALLED LABORING IN THE VINEYARD. IT IS LABOR - EXHAUSTING, SWEATY, HARD LABOR. "Run! Run! Run!" as mom always says!
I got a heinous haircut this morning and kinda look like I have a mullet...
Aight. I think that's it... Love y'all! WRITE ME PLEASE!
This happened today!
No comments:
Post a Comment