8-26: Ready to sleep
8-27: So good
8-28: Exhausted
8-29: Annoyed
8-30: Head ACHIE
8-31: Sick
9-1: Content
Highlight of this week was serving at the Haven (a local food pantry and shelter). We aren't allowed to share the gospel there, but that doesn't stop us from testifying! We've had them call us a LOT this last week to work the extra hours. We felt good about doing it, so we did it! When I leave this area I'm going to BAWL my eyes out because I don't want to leave the people we serve with!! I love the other volunteers! One of the new ones we met knew that we were missionaries. She called us sisters right off the bat, which is weird. No one knows who we are. Her step sons served missions. She's getting super into family history. We invivted her to the Family History class on Wednesdays and she said she'd come! WHOOHOOOO!!!
Then one of the ladies who uses the food shelf and volunteers at the Haven cried when we talked to her. She was making soup and we got talking about God, and how HE LOVES EACH OF US and is our LITERAL HEAVENLY FATHER!!! The spirit touched her and she cried. We are praying for the chance to see her somewhere when we can INVITE her to take lessons and such, since we can't at the Haven. Potential right there!
It feels so good to feel the spirit speak to others THROUGH YOU!!
The past two weeks we've been able to get all of our food for free from serving at the farmers market, the farm, and the Haven. People love us and hook us up!!!
Us and the elders had a crazy successful less active week. The owners of the farm, the Balch's, have really started opening up to us as we serve them from all different angles. We help at the market and the elders help at the farm, then one night we both help with the farm! Anyways, we all had a Come-to-Jesus-Feel-Your-Soul lesson on the Sabbath Day. Sister Balch PINKY PROMISED my left pinky that she'd come to church. The spirit was strong and we commit her! Guess what.... SHE CAME TO CHURCH FOR THE FIRST TIME IN OVER 10 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was awesome, and now she's going to see how much the Lord blesses us when we go to church and keep the Sabbath Day holy! So cool.
I am diving deep into the study of THE ATONEMENT! Simple things I've learned: it's not going to prevent you from hurt and trial, rather it is a source of strength that we can use to overcome everything! It's the underground fresh water lake in a desert! It's REAL. All our efforts, with the Lord's all, can make us who He wants us to become. I love the analogy of picking the weeds out before we plant the flowers. You can't just mow weeds. Our part of the Atonement is repentance. It all clicked into place this week. The whole concept of justice, mercy, and grace, CLICKED!
We must remember it always, we covenant to remember it always. I find that as I try to do that, my GRATITUDE grows so much larger, and my love for everyone increases.
Ok.
Megan Hood moved out of our ward yesterday. It's a HUGE deal! She's been a blessing in my life and one of those people you'll never forget. It's totally bittersweet because now she actually has a place to call home for the first time in 8 months! But that also means we can't talk to her anymore because she isn't in our area. Dumb. I'm so proud of her!!
I've learned that The Lord only gives you enough energy to complete his tasks, nothing more. I want to crawl in my bed and die every night I'm so exhausted, yet during the day I do pretty good!!
Funny moments:
Sister Fuller got pulled over for going 56 in a 35 and totally got away with it, while we had the district leader in the backseat!!
No comments:
Post a Comment