We looked at my MRI together. My joint (the thumb knuckle) is partially out of line because I ruptured the ligament around it. I need surgery to reattach the ligaments to my bone. I have a scheduled date of October 1 for surgery. I will be in a cast for 4-6 weeks and cannot use my right hand. There will be therapy afterwards for a few months. Sister Stoker gave me the option of going home but I am staying here! I cannot go home!!
If I do not get surgery I risk permanent damage to my joint and will have arthritis early on. The surgery reduces the chances of arthritis by a lot! Also, if I don't get surgery I will probably need to have a replacement joint later in my life. So I chose to go forward with the surgery, because it will not heal on its own. It's like an ACL tear, but in my thumb!!
Any advice or comments?
This is my MRI. The top bone should be straight up and down, like my other thumb, but its not. The ligaments aren't attached so there's nothing to hold it straight.

Hopefully you will be able to finish your mission. Health in the first place. Just as Elder Holland said in the general conference.
ReplyDelete