JUNE 2013 - DECEMBER 2014

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

just another week in the life of sister ashley morgan...

AAAAIIIIGHT

This is how I felt at the end of each day:
8-5: tired and spent
8-6: sad
8-7: rewarded
8-8: feelin good
8-9: grossed out (another mouse)
8-10: happy!
8-11: rewarded
8-12: motivated

I thought I'd share with y'all some things I've learned about myself as I've been out here:
I am crazy goal oriented.
I can't keep a desk clean.
I have more enthusiasm for everything than I probably should. 
I have an ability to interpret the scriptures.


ZONE CONFERENCE WAS THIS WEEK! OUR PRESIDENT IS SO COOL AND IS ALSO VERY GOAL ORIENTED. He was totally a business man before he came out here. He revamped our mission vision, AND HAS GIVEN US STEPS TO ACCOMPLISH IT. What a man. He understands the scriptures and loves them. He holds the keys to this mission. He said some wonderful things to us that definitely were of comfort to me! 
He stared with us D&C 93:11-14. This is how the Savior grew to become who He is. I always forget that the Savior didn't know His purpose until after He studied it out. As He gave grace, he received it. Grace in the bible dictionary is amazing too. Grace is that extra strength when we have given all we can give. It's what The Lord can do that we can't do! 
I want so badly to become the missionary I will be at the end of my mission, but as I continue to do my best I know it'll make a difference. I just have to trust in the grace of our Savior to make up for my mistakes.
Alma 36 is awesome. He gives his conversion story to his son Helaman. I love the scriptures because everyone starts out so imperfect, then through Christ they become something much more than they were! Alma wants more than anything to be with God again. He knew his purpose. As soon as he felt this power of the Atonement, he started it with EVERYONE. In vs 24 is says that he "labored without ceasing" to bring souls back to God! Bring them home! He worked so hard! And saw the blessings of it! He was patience, diligent, faithful, everything I pray to be!

Tomorrow I get to be a SISTER MISSIONARY AT THE Joseph Smith Memorial!!! I am so excited you have no idea. 

Last week we made a deal with Heavenly Father that if some of our investigators that weren't progressing didn't come to church, we were done for now, and that if they did, we would continue to teach them. HE CAME!!! My first investigator came to church!!! AHHH I am so excited!!!

This week we will be focusing a lot more on working with the members!

{Funny how the Lord takes you to places just so you can testify of His gospel. There were many instances like that this week. It's amazing to be a part of it and to always always ALWAYS be in the right place "coincidentally" (I don't believe in coincidences after my mission). }



{ Yeah, that happened again...}


Last second trip to the JSM! Cool story along with it, wish I had time to write it haha. Write me for more details. }


{ A WILD BOAR THAT I ATE FOR DINNER..........}

anyways. I love you all! Read your scriptures, pray, and go to church (CPR).





No comments:

Post a Comment