I know I say this every week... BUT THIS WEEK WE HAD MIRACLES!!
The week had a rough start to it. One of our investigators dropped us... But we chose to use it as FUEL to our miracles. To keep us going.
This week Sister Fuller went on two exchanges, so I got the chance to rule the area for two days. Here's how it went down:
Obedience. EXACT OBEDIENCE. I tolerate nothing less. This is the Lord's time, and I am on HIS errand.
Wednesday or Thursday (I can't tell the difference, all the days are the same to me!) I was with Sister Lundahl. We fulled our day with three appointments. She taught me this amazing way to plan lessons! What do we want our investigators to KNOW, FEEL, and DO? What are we following up on? How do we accomplish our goal and teach what in the lessons? All put onto one sticky note. IT IS BEAUTIFUL!
We had great result from it. I hope our investigators more than anything, feel the love of their Savior.
Saturday I was with Sister Sumsion. MIRACLES EVERYONE!!!! MIRACLES HAPPEN!!!!!! The field really is "white and ready to harvest" and obedience truly
brings about miracles!!!
While planning the night before I was nervous, I looked at my planner and there was literally NOTHING to do ALLSaturday.
We planned out a route to visit all the less actives in Havover. Few answered their doors..
surprise, surprise.
So we felt prompted to stop by a members home. We dropped in and the daughter, a former missionary, convinced her parents to let us share a super quick message. At the end she told us of a family who just moved in next door. THAT COUNTS AS A REFERRAL!!! WHOOP WHOOP!! So we immediately went next door. A woman opened the door and openly listened to our message. Quickly, you must always refer to a gospel principle to tie into the restoration. She took the family, a proclamation to the world. and we're visiting next week to follow up with what she thought. She's a Jewish woman. We'll see how it goes.
We went about the rest of our day, being exactly obedient.
After dinner we planned to visit another less active. As we drove past the gas station, we saw one of our "potential-potentials" (someone who was nice and could potentially be a potential investigator). We turned around and pulled in. As we were purchasing some snacks, he asked us if we got a scholarship for being out on a mission. We answered him and tied in the restoration.
NOTE: After dinner I felt prompted to write my testimony in a Book of Mormon and highlight a few of my favorite scriptures. I have never done this before.
He told us about how he left Brooklyn, NY for a better life here. He wants to give back to the world. 5-6 months ago he started wondering about his purpose in life, and what God wanted him to do.He wants to be cleaned of his sins by being BAPTIZED. YES. B A P T I Z E D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sister Sumsion and I were DYING!!!!!!!!! EVERYTHING he wants, a community of people who learn off each other, a God who knows us personally, the restored gospel, is everything we have!! I could go on and on about all he said about wanting the gospel. He even said, "who better to learn from then you sisters."
When I invited him to church he said "Wow, yeah I'll come! I've never been invited before!"
He quit drinking and smoking months ago.
He believes in family being the way to build society.
He desires to do good, and works just so he can someday give back to his community.
He wants to build a place where people can find refuge from the things of this world... JUST WAIT UNTIL HE GOES THROUGH THE TEMPLE!!!!
We gave the first lesson to him while he was working at the gas station and talked for an hour and a half.
His face LIT UP when he heard about Joseph Smith and God and Jesus Christ coming back to the earth.
He wants it.
He literally is the perfect investigator. My first find, and wonderful investigator! I want him to have everything we have. I want him to feel of the Saviors love for him.
I want everyone to come unto Christ.
Now that I see people like Fracisco really do exist, I want to find them. I will do everything and anything to help fulfill my purpose: to invite others to come unto Christ.
Obedience truly brings about miracles. All the work in the world is worth what I am experiencing here. I have never felt more joy in my life, from seeing others feel the love of Jesus Christ.
People really are out there, are ready. We need not be afraid of being bold. McCord emailed me this week and said, "it's not our name on the line, it's God's, SO BE BOLD!"
I know that God has my back. That he really does have a body like ours. His son, Jesus Christ LIVES! And He KNOWS us! And He LOVES US!!!
This week in my studies the work DILIGENCE had shown up everywhere. "labor diligently." What does it mean to truly labor diligently, that we might fulfill our callings?
Diligence: Focusing on the task at hand, doing everything in our power to complete it, putting everything into it, our whole heart and soul. WILLING to put in the work to make the goal; willing to plan to make the goals. There are so many examples of how Nephi and Jacob, and all the leaders and prophets in the Book of Mormon labored DILIGENTLY.
A leader labors diligently for the good of the people.
My heart is willing.
Forget myself, and get to work - I often tell myself that.
I must be the missionary my parents think I am! Strive to remember the PRECIOUS council my parents and grandparents gave me before going out here.
A missionary who LABORS DILIGENTLY to complete their PURPOSE!!! KNOW the missionary purpose, which is crucial.
BE exactly obedient.
Always go about doing good, people are watching.
LOOK for opportunities everywhere you go to serve.
I'm always looking for examples and promises the Lord gives us. There are so many.
One of the biggest ways I see improvement here is to not only set high goals, but plan towards them every single day. Know that the Lord is going to back you up. He always answers you prayers. "knock, and it shall be opened unto you."
CHALLENGE HIM!!! THE LORD LOVES A CHALLENGE!!!!
This week we have our first interviews with the mission president! 15 minutes of revelation. That's what it'll be. I can't wait to get to know President Stoker better, I want to follow him so closely.
FUNNIEST MOMENT:
We went over to a members home to celebrate the departure of a missionary in our area who is going to serve in the Salt lake South mission (Elder Knowlton, soon to be).
His mom wanted everyone to experience some kind of cultural food. So she went on Pinterest and found a Utah-specific cultural food.
HAWAIIAN HAYSTACKS IS WHAT SHE MADE!!!! She had me introduce them as the food her son will be eating every night. Hahaha SO TRUE THOUGH.
Also, none of the people at the party had ever heard of Hawaiian haystacks. I was dying. Seriously so funny!
{The cutest little area next to Dartmouth and the Connecticut River, we frequently do lessons there because it is SO BEAUTIFUL!!! This is me, on the Vermont side of the bridge.}
{With Zone, District, and white handbook permission we were able to go to a fair with the District Leader in our area and Megan and I got to RIDE A RIDE!!!! }
{I am obsessed with all the cute old homes here. Some of them even have the original stoves and fireplaces from the 1700's!! BEFORE THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION ! (awesome) }
{This is main street in Hanover - it rains EVERYDAY. I feel like I'm in Seattle sometimes. I haven't taken my rain boots off since I bought them.}




No comments:
Post a Comment