JUNE 2013 - DECEMBER 2014

Monday, July 8, 2013

I Refuse to Sink

This week was crazy! Sister Fuller and I were everywhere BUT our area due to meetings, exchanges... etc. She's Sister Training Leader (the new zone leader for sisters) so she has to go on exchanges with everyone in our zone which means I get to be companions with EVERYONE!!! It is so much fun! Exchanges on my part are like a big sleepover where you go to bed at 10:30 and wake up at 6:30

This week I was with Sister Brown (long hair) and Sister Brown (short hair) (we have a lot of Sister and Elder Browns in the mission, including my MTC companion, a different Sister Brown) but we had so much fun!

This week was one of opposition. The ward is NOT missionary minded. I don't think any of them watched the World-Wide Missionary Broadcast - which is a total bummer! Our ideas for strengthening our mostly less active ward is to visit them and check up on visiting/home teaching (hard to do when no assignments have been made yet), have one member lesson a day (HUGE), and post a missionary quote on a poster out in the foyer. We want to strengthen this ward to that the work can progress faster! Which can't be done without the members!

Suzan: called and told us the church just isn't for her. There's no place for her down syndrome son.

Whenever people reject the gospel of Jesus Christ, they reject the greatest gift God has given them: ETERNAL LIFE WITH GOD AND THEIR FAMILIES, AND ULTIMATE AND FULL ACCESS TO THE ATONEMENT OF JESUS CHRIST!!!
It rips me heart out knowing that they are rejecting that! I don't think they know that THEIR SALVATION is on the line!!!

I FORMALLY MET THE NEW MISSION PRESIDENT AND HIS WIFE!!!!!! They are AWESOME!!! And you can tell that they are frantic and stressed haha! We have 206 missionaries. That's 206 brand new kids for these two. You can tell he is called of God. He has great plans for our mission! He also told us that WE ARE WHITE HANDBOOK MISSIONARIES!!!!! He thinks we have enough rules. He wants us to STOP tracting and instead find service opportunities everywhere to get our name out there. I love it. 

As a result, this week was full of service! We helped Ray and Barbera raise money for their sons daycare on the 4th of July by selling flowers that we made.



4th of July MIRACLE:
We ended up not being able to sell the flowers there. All the sudden it started POURING rain and everyone ran under the tent for coverage. All four of us missionaries were stuck with a ton of other people stuck there as well. What a beautiful opportunity to FIND people! I know the Lord places us there for a reason. I got talking with this lady and she asked us about the trinity and what we believe. I was able to testify that God and Jesus Christ live, and that they have separate bodies of flesh and bone, and that we are created in their image! That we are sons and daughters of God! And that the Holy Ghost can be with all of us! It was awesome and I felt the spirit full my body as I testified. She took a mormon.org card with our number on it (go Adrian, those cards are our business cards!).

Hopefully she'll call us soon.

I didn't feel scared to talk with EVERYONE!!

President Stoker says we should be the kind of missionaries our parents think we are. I'm sure doing my best and know that they are being blessed. 


{ We went to Joseph Smith's birthplace this week! Literally 15 minutes away from where we live. }


{ Exchanges: we got cool Mo-Mo's at Walmart. }

Funny/awkward Moment:
At the meet and greet meeting to meet President Stoker he asked us to share two qualities about our companion, where we were from, and our testimony;
He asked the member drivers to share as well. 
One of the guys that drove brought his son who is leaving on a mission later this year.
He stand up and says: "I guess right now my dad is my companion, he's really cool. But my real companion, MY GIRLFRIEND, has the most amazing qualities. Because of her I am serving a mission.... ETC."

Way to make a fool of yourself in front of the new mission president. Things got real awkward when he said that haha. Maybe he'll learn from that and NOW say that when he gets to his real mission!

Love you all, 
Sister Morgan



No comments:

Post a Comment