Weekend report:
Once again, Satan tries to capture me in his battle of immorality. He knows what gets me, and what tempts me. It's worked in the past, so he thinks it should work this time.
False.
I'm sick of his games. They're repetitive and old. He's tried the same things in the past, and it's always worked, but this time I can feel the Lord holding barriers against Satan. I feel His strength in my and I know He is protecting me.
Friday night I got a text asking me to teach Sunday School the coming Sunday. Normally, I would've tried to get out of it, especially since that left me with no time to prepare! But nevertheless, challenge accepted.
I woke up Sunday morning and prayed that I'd be able to teach the lesson as guided by the spirit. I read the manual then went to church, knowing that the Lord's got my back.
The lesson came, and unlike other lessons I felt calm and prepared, which is funny because I actually did no preparation. I taught the lesson according to the manual. Halfway through, I feel prompted to share one of my favorite chapters in the Book of Mormon, Alma 29. My eyes drew me to Alma 29:9 (not even highlighted in my scriptures, have no idea why I was drawn to it!), which reads: "I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some souls to repentance; and this is my joy." This is the scripture I'm putting on my missionary plaque. This is my joy. My joy is in the strength of the Lord, and in the joy I feel from His gospel. I feel free when I keep the commandments, and I want to share it with the world.
That's all I needed to hear. I testified of the truth in the Book of Mormon the rest of the time.
Think about it, it Christ was talking to you, wouldn't you listen to Him? I have a feeling we'd stop everything we were doing and listen! Thing is, the Book of Mormon is Christ speaking to us. Everything He wants us to know and hear is in this book; it is written by prophets of God for our time.
2 Nephi 33:10-11 reads: "And now, my beloved brethren, and also Jew, and all ye ends of the earth, hearken unto these words and believe in Christ; and if ye believe not in these words believe in Christ. And if ye shall believe in Christ ye will believe in these words, for they are the words of Christ, and he hath given them unto me; and they teach all men that they should do good. And if they are not the words of Christ, judge ye-for Christ will show unto you, with power and great glory, that they are his words, and at the last day; and you and I shall stand face to face before his bar, and ye shall know that I have been commanded of him to write these things, notwithstanding my weakness."
Read that if you didn't. Read it thoroughly. Nephi testifies that He has been called of God to write the words of Christ.
My testimony has never been so strong for the Book of Mormon. It has engulfed me. I love it. If you haven't read it, read it.
I am clinging to the Book of Mormon. As I read it, I feel the Lord's defense going up for me against Satan.
I have never felt Satan's presence so strongly in my life before, but I've also never felt the Lord's defense like I have now. Where there is so much goodness, there is just as much evil. You cannot have one without the other. Satan will try everything he can to keep me from going through the temple, and going on a mission. That's only because he knows I will make a difference. With the Lord, I can do anything. His strength and power is available to everyone who wants it. It's not a special elite club for cool kids. It's open for all!! Hold to the truth in the scriptures. Do the simple tasks Heavenly Father has commanded of us to do everyday. Endure. He will bless you with more than you could imagine. I know this for myself now. If you don't, I challenge you to find out for yourself. There is no greater blessing than to be a part of the Lord's team. If you're on His side, He is always on yours!
- Ash
No comments:
Post a Comment