Today my mom took me on a 10 mile run from the start of Emigration Canyon down to my house (roughly over 10 miles).
Seriously kill me.
I'm running the Salt Lake City Half Marathon in about a month. Once upon a time 5 of the 8 girls in my dorm agreed to run it. We just got super spontaneous one night and decided to sign a contract (in blood... yeah we're weird) to run this thing.
Fridays are my long run days.
Anyways.
My mom and haven't spent a lot of time together since I've been up at school in Logan. It was so nice to be able to talk with her about my mission and other things we haven't had time to talk about!
Background: my mom went on an American Sign Language Mission to Roanoke, Virginia.
What she told me in a nutshell is that you'll see people do everything. You'll see the most obedient and disobedient people on your mission. If you don't kick the bad habits while you're on your mission, chances are you'll never kick them.
What I got out of it was that you can either use your mission to bring you closer to Heavenly Father than you've ever been in your life, or it could go the other way. You choose.
Also, obedience brings blessings. We talked a lot about the strength in covenants. When God promises you something, He will always follow through. When you make promises with God and keep them, He will bless you more than you could ever imagine!
There's so much to learn and so much growing that needs to be done! It's a comforting feeling to know that God has called me to do this work. He trusts me enough that He's sending me to teach His gospel. I always think that when I doubt my abilities to go on a mission. I HAVE BEEN CALLED OF GOD. It really is the coolest feeling! June 5th come sooner!!
The church is true my friends. The Lord blesses you when you keep the promises you make with Him and are obedient to His commandments.
- Ash
No comments:
Post a Comment