McCord's thought on complaining about a blister:
"It's like, suck it up. it's a blister. A person squeezed you out of themselves. Another person has spent thousands of hours working to give you food and not asked you to pay him back. People have died for your freedom. And died, under such painful circumstances that He bled from every pore because he loves you. And you're whining about a blister?
Others starve daily. Others get shot at and you're crying cause a door got slammed in your face. See? No previous adversity or mental toughness."
"Ash, I'm worried one of my eyes might roll so far that my pupil will be in the back of my skull and unable to come back.
Like I have said, 'It's not adversity that makes a person great. It's their ability to overcome that adversity time and again.'"
"Problems make you ordinary. Resilience makes you something special."
He's ridiculously quotable.
Gotta keep that in mind when I get discouraged on my mission. You aren't the first person to have ever felt weak or pain. Christ suffered through everything you're going through. He knows your pain because He went through it! You are not the exception.
Life
Goes
On
The clock is always running. I don't want to have regrets on my mission of times I knew I could've worked harder. I can do this!
I know Heavenly Father will test me in every way possible while I'm on my mission, but that's where you grow. I can't wait to be stretched!
I know I say that now, and in the moment I want to scream! Good thing I have a strong knowledge that through the atonement, MIRACLES HAPPEN, you are comforted, your burdens are lifted, you are STRENGTHENED, you rise up to His level!
The church is true.
I know it.
I live it.
I love it.
- Ash
I can't wait to hear about your mission from the blog!! Will you be able to keep this up the whole time?
ReplyDeleteYes I will! Well my friend's going to update it from my emails haha!
Delete