JUNE 2013 - DECEMBER 2014

Friday, February 28, 2014

Yoga?

The day has come. I am being transferred tomorrow, not sure where I'm going. I want always feel the way I do now, I want to leave every area with the freedom of mind I've been given. I believe the Lord knows I've done my best here and that I've given it my "heart, might, mind, and strength." O have worked to earn His trust. He is grateful for what I've done here with Him in Hanover. I have been changed by the people here and will never be the same. It's been everything from a paradisaical haven to a jail chamber in the refiner's fire. It's like yoga: if you hold a position long enough, you become numb to the pain, but also receive stretching benefits. Other times when I was released from the painful positions I could feel the rush of blood rejuvenate my body and soul. Life is like yoga. It's been a strength training: lifting little by little, frequently, "line upon line." I've learned the things I've needed to over time. In myself I see the tiny muscles of my testimony accentuate like never before. Every now and then it's been like body building, lifting HUGE loads of weight, for shorter amounts of time, while growing larger and stronger each time. Just like our bodies, I have been broken down and built back up to be who the Lord would have me be. Wherever I go, the Lord will continue this pattern.

Goal: to sprinkle everyone with compassion. It is a language everyone understands. Love and compassion come from God and are gifts of the Spirit. All love comes from God, that's why everyone understands it. People don't understand why there's hate in the world, they don't understand pride, it's confusing. Confusion is a tactic of the adversary. The Gospel emits love, transparency, purity, it is something everyone can feel unless if they open their hearts. 

I think Hanover has taught me that questions are okay, in fact, they are encouraged. Revelation comes best in response to a question. I think it's taken me to this point to realize how many questions I do have! Yesterday Sister Grampp taught us that the questions we ask determine our success, I know that to be true because I've seen it! Many times I ask "why" questions, I need to be asking more "how" and "what" questions! I see that I need to doubt more of my doubts, and hold more onto what I know, and admit what I don't know.

There's a reason the first step of repentance if acknowledgement. The closer I get to the Lord, the more I can acknowledge what I am doing wrong. He helps me see my holes, then He fills them over time.

John was baptized on Thursday. It was wonderful!! Such a Spirit of JOY and EXCITEMENT! During the baptism I felt two things: the MOST joy, and the MOST exhaustion. You think you know the two emotions until the Lord makes you feel them in extremes. There is nothing so special as making covenants with God. There is a spirit that comes when you talk about it, think about it, and especially witness it. The sacred ordinance of baptism cleanses us from sin. So much peace and joy swept over everyone in attendance as he went under the water and came up clean and fresh. He had been forgiven. I think the Lord wanted me to feel all the work that went into this event. 4 (we were only missing 2) of the 10 missionaries there had taught John over the course of 9 months! SO MUCH FUN!!! John is so amazing. If anyone needs ANYTHING he will do it for them. He is all about little acts of kindness, trying to make people happy little by little. I must say we as missionaries are totally spoiled by him. He is always there to help and is so dependable. What a man to have in the ward now!

 Maria, sweet sweet Maria.
 I love her!!! WHY MUST WE BE SEPARATED!!! (this is our comp inventory)

 CREED. WHO IS GETTING BAPTIZED THE 15TH OF FEBRUARY AND I WON'T BE THERE. He looks like the Elders Quorum President.

 The greatest district meeting. We are teaching Family Home Evenings now and so our meeting took place in a "home."

 All of us with John on his baptism!!!

DAWN!

No comments:

Post a Comment