JUNE 2013 - DECEMBER 2014

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Vessels

Just trying to soak all this in; I love being a missionary. 

Sacred, wonderful experiences happen all around here. Christ's fingerprints are on the hearts of all the people here, they are all around us! Moses 6:63. He is everywhere. 

I can truly testify that we are not the only ones working to hasten the work. It is hastening on both sides. Let me share a wonderful experience with y'all:
So Rob's brother passed in May. He never had the chance to be baptized. We haven't felt the time was right to share baptisms for the dead until this last Sunday. The King's invited us all over for dinner after church. It was us, the Dewey family, and Rob. We ate then opened up our lesson. We started telling him about baptisms for the dead, as we shared this tears were in the eyes of almost everyone in the room. The Spirit was so strong I could've grabbed it! It was INCREDIBLE. Rob's face was the greatest thing I've ever seen in my life. I KNOW that the timing is right for Rob. When we taught him the Plan of Salvation, we taught him that his brother is learning all the things he is. Now he can be baptized just like Rob is. Those brothers are close, and the veil was THIN. He cannot wait to go to the temple, and the temple is what's going to point him heavenward. I've never been so grateful to be a missionary, and to be able to tell someone that their family can be together forever. It was so powerful to have two additional families who had been sealed in the temple present with us. What a sacred privilege we had to share this with him, and his brother.
Next blessing: Maria. She's on FIRE. She invited herself to church with us this week! My goodness she loved it! She's thinking about making the big commitment. One of the councilors in the Mission Presidency came to our ward this last Sunday and invited her to think about being baptized haha! Amazing. She said she was really thinking about it. She loves church and LOVES talking with us!! She's so prepared it's insane. "I've been losing faith in God and my religion, but you two have brought me back to God." I just can't even begin to type all the miracles that are happening.

It's so fun seeing this area change and grow, and so wonderful to be a part of it.

John asked for a "Priestly blessing to answer [his] questions." He is doing all he knows, and all we know, we can do top obtain an answer from our Heavenly Father. He knows he'll get an answer and is waiting to know if the Book of Mormon is true or not. 

Kaitana! Man she's just the bomb. At Dartmouth they have this weird thing where they snap if they're agreeing with what you're saying, she snaps all the time. I love her. She's so prepared. She has so many questions I wouldn't even think about, that are such a treat to study and find out! I just LOVE her!! 

We have four people come to church today. That is a RECORD!!! And eight member present lessons. WAY RECORD!!! We are exhausted! And HAPPY!!! 

How cool is it that when you prepare yourself well, and do everything you can to fulfill the promises you've made to the Lord, He turns us into His vessels. Wise words from none other than Captain Moroni: "Now I would that ye should remember that God has said that the inward vessel shall be cleansed first, and then shall the outer vessel be cleansed also" (Alma 60:23). I love that. I try to apply it.



{John gave us a REAL WREATH!!! }


{Just take it in. It all looks like this now. The CUTEST thing people do here is put candles in the center of their windows. Everyone does it! It's so fun to see all these beautiful old homes have the same lights. Someday I'll own a New England home…}


{So Rob is on the right and John is on the left. I cannot tell you how funny these two men are. They smile everywhere else BUT photos haha.}


{Ok SEE we got him smiling!! This was at the ward Christmas party. Gotta love the red plaid VT hats... Thanks grandparents!}


{Last week with my MTC companion Sister Brown!!!}




No comments:

Post a Comment